- This event has passed.
InFish in-person meeting
April 16, 2019 - April 18, 2019
Agenda and more details coming soon!
Craig Paukert (USGS) and Ralph Tingley (U. of Missouri) are doing some amazing behind the scenes work to coordinate our 2019 in-person meeting this April 16-18th in Columbia, Missouri. For travel purposes, please plan on full days worth of meetings on the 16th and 17th with a half day on the 18th. As a reminder: as a voluntary network, all attendance at in-person meetings are self-funded. BUT, the meeting venue does have good internet and remote participation (though less desirable) will surely be possible.
The meeting agenda is still in development but we will have a preliminary draft to share with the group by our February call. Topics for the meeting will include a scoping session for the next iteration of the 2015 Global Inland Fisheries Conference (coordinated regional meetings? remote sessions? funding sources?), another plenary session on visioning for the InFish network, and likely two breakout groups. Proposed topics for the breakouts include: recreational fisheries, supporting the WWF living planet report needs, and indicators of conservation effectiveness.
LodgingThe conference will be held at the Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center. We have a small block (15 rooms) of kings and doubles reserved at areduced rate of $105/night. The block will be available until March 16th. The discounted rate will not be guaranteed after this date. You can book online using the group code: 209873 or call directly at 1-800-659-2220. If you call, please reference the “InFish Annual Meeting” block starting on April 15th.Air travel
- Columbia Airport
- Less flights but several arriving the evening of the 15th and leaving afternoon of the 18th.
- The conference center is about 20 minutes away and Uber would cost about $25. Several car rental companies are also available at the airport.
- St Louis Airport
- About 1.5 hours from conference center
- MOX Shuttles run about every hour and a half and must be booked ahead of time. If you book at least 24 hours out, you can have them drop you off directly at the conference center. Costs are between $50-60 one way.
- Kansas City Airport
- About 2 hours from the conference center
- MOX Shuttles run about every three hours and must be booked ahead of time. If you book at least 24 hours out, you can have them drop you off directly at the conference center. Costs are between $50-60 one way.